Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Summer and sewing thoughts

I added some new photos today. Our garden has turned out better than we ever thought and have had pounds and pounds of cucumbers, squash and 4 kinds of tomatoes. Hubby is planning a larger garden next year. I made several outfits for Miss Hannah and have started creating with vintage linens that have problems like rips or stains. I am quite good at getting out stains, but some just won't go!! The little white dress that ties at the neck was made from a long slip from the 1970s then I added the vintage embroidered linen to the front. It came out quite cute. I also made a pillowslip dress, but Hannah is quite thin and will grow into it. Our weather has cooled down to the upper 90s which is great. I would love to hear from some of my blog readers, please leave me a comment!!

No comments:

Post a Comment